Today, more and more people are setting out to buy Japanese used cars. Although most of these used car buyers know everything about cars as well as car buying techniques, but what they're not sure of is, "How to import used cars from Japan?" Why Buy Used Japanese Cars?
Considering the growing popularity of used Japanese cars, the most pertinent question that arises is, "Why do people have preference for used Japanese cars?" six of the foremost reasons for favoring Japanese used cars is that since innumerable years, Japan has been a leader in car manufacturing. Japanese cars as Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Suzuki and Mazda are famous throughout the world for their excellence, value and steadfastness.
six more reason why buying used Japanese cars is worthwhile is that they're maintained in excellent condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. World-class public transportation method, heavy traffic conditions, high toll and parking fees, and stringent rules of Japanese government with regards to proper maintenance of car safety scheme are some primary reasons why Japanese cars are used infrequently, and hence, are technically sound.
Another reason for opting for Japanese used car is the wide assortment of car models that are available for selection, and all of them come with ultra-advanced features such as power steering, air bags, air conditioning, power windows and high performance engine.
Once, you're convinced that Japanese used cars are the best; the primary question that impinges your mind is, "Where to buy used Japanese cars from?" there's several dealers and exporters who supply Japanese used cars, you can easily purchase your used Japanese car from them. However, in reality all these people get the used cars from major auction houses.
Where to Buy Japanese Used Cars?
These auction houses get used Japanese cars from six main sources. Firstly, from Kaitori Shop, which concentrate on purchasing cars from individuals who sell their Japanese used or new cars to fulfill their urgent monetary needs, and secondly, from car dealers, who trade in used Japanese car for a new model. Thus, auction houses have a wide variety of used Japanese cars, and all of them are available at low prices to professional buyers such as dealers and exporters. Hence, it would be a better proposition to buy your used Japanese car directly from such auction houses than obtain it from intermediate dealers and exporters.
However, you can't purchase Japanese used cars directly from auctions because you can't become a member of these auction houses. Only used car dealers and exporters, who have a license to do business in used cars, can apply for the membership. Furthermore, there's several strict contract terms that have to be followed when applying for the membership. Nevertheless, there's several used car exporters as www.auctiondirectjapan.com, who provide "Auction Agent" service, that is, purchase Japanese used cars from auctions or from six Price (for sale at fixed wholesale price, until the next auctions). They also handle all the necessary procedure for shipping Japanese used cars.
When you buy used Japanese cars from online auction houses, using an "Auction Agent", you would neither obtain a chance to inspect your Japanese used car from close quarters nor you would have the privilege to check drive the used car before purchasing it. Hence, to know more about the condition of the car, you would have to depend solely on the 'Auction-Sheet', which is nothing, but a car evaluation sheet prepared by the auction house.
How to Inspect the Condition of Used Japanese Cars?
Although all auction houses have different criteria for measuring the condition of the Japanese used cars, but some parameters are the same. For instance, they allocate grades 2 to 5 or 6 to S for the condition of car exteriors, and grades A to C for the state of car interiors.
Apart from external and internal condition, mileage is the next most crucial factor that used car buyers' worry about. The auction houses take care of this aspect. The seller is compelled to divulge the correct mileage. If the owner rolls back the mileage to hide the true figures, he is severely penalized by the auction house.
How to Import Japanese Used Cars?
Another worrisome aspect related to Japanese used cars is the accident record. Even though it's difficult to ascertain this fact, but the auction houses have the ways and means to extract the truth, and the details are given in the auction sheet.
1. Find out details about every law dealing with import of foreign cars in your country.
Most used car buyers hold the opinion that it's usually difficult to import used Japanese car. Nonetheless, importing used cars from Japan is not at all difficult if you know the correct process. Here is a glimpse of the entire procedure that is put in to practice while importing Japanese used cars.
3. Before giving a confirmation to the exporter/dealer (Auction Agent) to buy the used car, you should (1) check recent market price of your favorite car, which is usually provided by Japanese used car exporter or dealer (Auction Agent); (2) read the auction sheet carefully; and (3) decide your budget to bid from auctions or purchase from six Price.
2. If you haven't found the right used Japanese car as yet, then you would have to send a request to the dealer to find the right car for you first.
4. The next step is to make the payment. Before issuing the check, you should verify the authenticity of the exporter/dealer. This can be done in six ways: (1) by getting the company registration number and address confirmed at Japanese embassy in your country, (2) by checking if your exporter is a member of JUMVEA (Japan Used Motor Vehicle Exporter Association), which is the most reputable organization in the Japanese used car export industry, and is officially accredited by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japanese Government.
5. On arrival of the used car in your country, you would have to reproduce the documents that the exporter/dealer has sent to you. Thereafter, you would have to complete a few official procedures as paying import tax, getting your Japanese used car tested and insured etc. six times, you do that, you can drive your used Japanese car home.